FileOpen Developer Toolkit
The FileOpen Developer Toolkit allows businesses to develop their own tightly integrated authentication layer and permissioning server in their chosen language and server platform. The Toolkit provides developers the strongest industry-standard encryption available, which can run in batch mode or dynamically on the server. For end-users, Toolkit supports the same set of lightweight viewers and plug-ins as FileOpen's turnkey products.
The FileOpen Developer Toolkit lets you:
- Integrate with existing databases, content management systems and workflow tools
- Identify internal or external users according to your authentication scheme
- Encrypt files with strong industry-standard encryption — RC4/128 or AES 256-bit
- Minimize impact to users by supporting standard document formats and viewers
- Enforce usage policies with granular permissions sets
- Publish to end-users on desktops, tablets and smartphones
|Expiration by Usage
Documents expire after a certain number of opens / prints.
|Expiration by Term/Time
Documents expire after a certain term or specified date.
Watermark documents with user identifying information (view/print)*.
Prevent printing of a physical copy or conversion into another format.
|Copy & Save Control
Stop copying or saving (of file and of contents)
Track user and document activity / history.
Enable secure offline viewing for time-limited periods (airplanes, trains, etc).
Prevents users from capturing screenshots.
*iOS devices support watermarks in OPN format only.
Encryption Tools / Modules
PDF Encryptor (Win/Linux/Solaris™/FreeBSD®/HP-UX®/Java)
MSOffice Encryptor (Word/Excel/PPT) - coming soon!
Converter/Encryptor for FileOpen Viewer (.OPN format) (Win/Linux)
FileOpen Developer Example Code
Client Modules / Viewers
FileOpen Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat® and Reader®: Displays secure native PDF documents in the free Adobe Reader. Versions available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
FileOpen Viewer™: Displays secure documents in any Web browser without need for a download or installation. Requires a web browser running Flash Player 9 or later.
FileOpen Viewer for iPad® & iPhone®: Displays secure documents via the FileOpen Viewer app for iOS, available through the Apple App Store. Requires iOS v4 or higher.
Example code is supplied to guide development of server-side software which defines the publisher’s business logic and communicates that logic to the Client. Development tasks include:
- Initialization and invocation of the Encryptor modules
- Generation and storage of data and document metadata
- Parsing of the client/server protocol
- Integration with front-end (client UI) and back-end (database) systems.