A large investment management company had just completed their annual audit and risk assessment for security and compliance. Although the company had strong firewall security in place, the audit revealed that in order to comply with privacy regulations, they needed to broaden their security efforts to documents sent digitally to their customers.
The company sought a solution that met three main requirements: the ability to support multiple devices, deliver documents via email and Web, and maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Gramm-Leach-Bliley.
After careful review of several DRM and VDR technologies, the company chose FileOpen Developer Toolkit. As a result, they were able to implement enterprise-wide document-level security and compliance, significantly reducing their risk of legal exposure and privacy infringement in the process.
The Solution: FileOpen Developer Toolkit
- Integrate with existing infrastructure for centralized control
- Support for any document distribution channel – email, intranet, Web, etc.
- Ensures compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Report/audit document access and usage
- Ability to edit or revoke permissions at anytime